HP Compaq Narra2 Motherboard 5188-8534. HP Compaq motherboard raises the bar of PC industry and deliver a full-value, high-performance solution for today's most demanding tasks.
- Motherboard manufacturer's name: Asus M2N68-LA
- HP/Compaq name: Narra2-GL8E
- Socket: AM2
- Supports the following processors:
- Athlon 64 X2 with Dual Core technology up to 5600+ (up to 89 watt)
- Athlon 64 less than 4000+
- Sempron less than 3800+
|Front-side bus (FSB)|
- NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
- System BIOS core brand: Award
- Keyboard combination to used to enter BIOS: F10
- Micro-ATX: 9.6 in X 9.6 in
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Four 240-pin DDR2 DIMM sockets
- Supported DIMM types:
- PC2-4200 (533 MHz)
- PC2-5300 (667 MHz)
- PC2-6400 (800 MHz)
- Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
- supports 2GB DDR2 DIMMs
- Supports up to 8 GB on 64 bit PCs
- Supports up to 4 GB* on 32 bit PCs
- Two PCI
- One PCI Express x16 graphics (for a graphics card)
- One PCI Express x1 (for cards such as network, sound, tv-tuner)
- Integrated graphics using nVidia GeForce 6150SE
- Up to 256MB (with 512MB or more PC memory)
- Also supports PCI Express x16 graphics cards*
- One 40-pin UltraDMA 100/66/33 connector
- Supports PIO, multi-word DMA modes
- Supports two PATA disk drives on one PATA ribbon cable (two drives total)
- Four SATA connectors:
- SATA1 = Black
- SATA2 = White
- SATA3 = Blue
- SATA4 = Yellow
- Supports 1 SATA-150 or SATA-300 disk drive on each SATA connector
- Speed up to 1.5Gb/sec or 3.0Gb/sec, complying with SATA 1.0 and SATA 2.0 specifications
- Some Narra2 models ship with RAID (model dependent)
- nVidia's onboard RAID solution is called nVidia MediaShield Storage
- RAID modes supported*:
|Onboard LAN |
- PCI Realtek RTL8201N 10/100 Mbps LAN PHY
|Onboard USB |
- USB 2.0
- Ten ports total
- Four connectors on back panel
- additional headers on motherboard support 6 additional ports/devices
|Onboard 1394 |
- Type: IEEE 1394a 400Mb/s
- Agere LFW3226-100 (or equivalent) controller chip
- Two ports total
- One port on back panel
- One header on motherboard supporting one additional port/device
|Back panel I/0|
- One PS/2 mouse port (green)
- One PS/2 keyboard port (purple)
- One Coaxial SPDIF out port
- One VGA port
- Four USB 2.0
- One IEEE 1394a
- One RJ-45 networking port
- Six audio ports support 8-channel audio:
- Line-in (light blue)
- Microphone-in (pink)
- Line-out (lime)
- Center/Subwoofer-out (yellow-orange)
- Side speaker-out (gray)
- Rear speaker-out (black)
- One 24-pin ATX power connector
- One 4-pin ATX power connector
- One PATA connector
- Four SATA connectors
- One floppy drive connector
- Two 12v fan connectors for CPU fan and PC fan
- One 9-pin header for power button, reset button, power LED, and HDD LED
- One SPDIF digital audio output header
- One front line input connector (interrupts line input on back panel, Vista capable, requires matching front audio jack module)
- One 9-pin audio header for headphone-out and microphone-in (yellow, Vista capable, requires matching front audio jack module)
- Four USB headers supporting 6 additional USB 2.0 ports or devices
- One 1394a header
- One Intel high-definition Audio/Modem Link (not used by HP)
- One jumper for resetting BIOS settings
- One jumper to disable BIOS password checking
1 - PS/2 mouse port (green). This port is for a PS/2 mouse.
2 - SPDIF coaxial out port. This port connects an external audio device with coaxial cable connectors.
3 - Video Graphics Adapter port. This port is for a VGA monitor or other VGA-compatible devices.
4 - IEEE 1394 port. This 6-pin IEEE 1394 port provides high-speed connectivity for audio/video devices, storage peripherals, PCs, or portable devices.
5 - LAN (RJ-45) port. This port allows connection to a Local Area Network (LAN) through a network hub.
6 - Center/Subwoofer port (yellow orange). This port connects the center/subwoofer speakers.
7 - Rear Speaker Out port (black). This port connects to the rear speakers on a 4-channel, 6-channel, or 8-channel audio configuration.
8 - Line In port (light blue). This port connects a tape, CD, DVD player, or other audio sources.
9 - Line Out port (lime). This port connects to headphones or a speaker. In 4-channel, 6-channel, and 8-channel mode, the function of this port becomes Front Speakers Out.
10 - Microphone port (pink). This port connects a microphone.
11 - Side Speaker Out port (gray). This port connects to the side speakers in an 8-channel audio configuration.
12 - USB 2.0 ports 1, 2, 3, and 4. These four 4-pin Universal Serial Bus (USB) ports are available for connecting USB 2.0 devices.
13 - PS/2 keyboard port (purple). This port is for a PS/2 keyboard.